A. The company: The President Brussels Hotel ****
The President Brussels Hotel is a 4* property with 296 rooms, 20 meeting rooms and a unique private garden of 3000m². It also benefits from high-speed Wi-Fi, a breakfast restaurant, a 150 covers Mediterranean Brasserie with a terrace.
This hotel welcomes guests since 1983. The property reopened in April 2019 under the management of Everland.
The hotel is easily accessible by public transportation as it is located 500m from North train station with international connections, a direct train to/from the airport and a metro/tram stop going straight to the city centre. By car, the hotel is at 20 minutes to the airport and to the highway. It is also close to convention centres like Tour & Taxis, Square and Brussels Expo.
B. Responsibilities & Duties
We are looking for a new captain for our reception team!
Managing, organising and coaching the reception team... Something for you?
Then you are the piece of the puzzle we are looking for.
The reception is the first thing our guest discovers.
Together with the team you ensure a warm welcome and an authentic reception.
Keeping Guest Services and Front Desk Goals
• Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Develops specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish your work.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures that regular on-going communication is happening with employees to create awareness of business objectives and communicate expectations, recognizes performance, and produces desired results.
• Understands the impact of department’s operations on the overall property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or exceed goals.
Supporting Management of Front Desk Team
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
• Encourages and building mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Supervises and manages employees. Manages all day-to-day operations. Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
Customer Service Related
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Interacts with customers to obtain feedback on quality of product, service levels and overall satisfaction.
• Ensures employees understand customer service expectations and parameters.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
Handling Projects and Policies
• Supervises same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control property occupancy.
• Supervises daily Front Desk shift operations and ensures compliance with all policies, standards and procedures.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, according to the company standards.
Human Resource Related
• Do the weekly planning of the FO team, and update the time control system accordingly
• Supports the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Brings issues concerning employee satisfaction to the attention of the department manager and Human Resources.
• Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team members with the appropriate skills.
• Participates in employee progressive discipline procedures.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
• Analyses information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Performs all duties at the Front Desk as necessary.
• Runs Front Desk shifts whenever necessary.
• Participates in departmental meetings and continually communicates a clear and consistent message regarding the Front Desk goals to produce desired results
• Hours/week: 38h
• Public transportation as per local regulation
• Meal vouchers: €7 per worked day
• Yearly Eco-checks as per local regulation
• Personal coaching and training;
The applicant should have the following qualifications and skills:
• Languages: English, French and/or Dutch.
• IT: Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Micros and Opera
• Neat and professional appearance
• High quality customer service, smiling and welcoming
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Organized and strong attention to details
• Problem solving and initiative skills
• Team spirit, friendly
• Ability to stay calm and polite under pressure
Lingue richieste: Inglese e Francese. Olandese è un plus
The President Brussels Hotel is a 4* property with 296 rooms, 20 meeting rooms and a unique private garden of 3000m². It also benefits from high speed Wi-Fi, a breakfast restaurant, a Mediterranean bar and a restaurant with a garden view and a terrace.
The hotel is easily accessible by public transportation as it is located 500m from North train station with international connections, a direct train to/from the airport and a metro/tram stop going straight to the city centre. By car, the hotel is at 20 minutes to the airport and to the highway. It is also close to famous convention centres like Tour & Taxis, Square and Brussels Expo.