We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor, the world’s largest travel site, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With 1 billion reviews and opinions covering the world’s largest section of travel listings worldwide, comprising 8.1 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, and restaurants. Tripadvisor branded sites are available in 49 markets and are home to the world’s largest travel community of 490 million average monthly unique visitors, all looking to get the most out of every trip. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic, dynamic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
Tripadvisor is looking for a leader to oversee our commercial strategy across the advertising business with a full portfolio of solutions across native and data powered media, social, partnerships, e-commerce, audio, and video. The Global Head of Commercial Strategy will be responsible for both Sales/Agency Development and Commercial expansion, playing an integral role in driving growth strategies to realize our potential in under penetrated solutions, categories, and regions. This passionate, well-organized and highly effective individual will break new business and uncover new areas of opportunity. You will be joining a leadership team with significant media experience and will report directly to the VP/GM, Global Media based in NYC.What You'll Do
- Accelerate media revenue through developing & executing impactful global sales strategies among high potential categories, agencies, & brands
- Develop a robust sales strategy in partnership with the leadership team that generates new opportunities, augments gaps, and amplifies our moats.
- Work cross-functionally to develop Tripadvisor’s unique global positioning and opportunities leveraging internal capabilities, client feedback and competitive and market insights to drive and impact long term ad revenue.
- Execute actionable plans to create and capture demand in the marketplace domestically and globally including agency development, self serve sales strategies, and category specific go to market strategies.
- Build a global agency practice to develop and foster relationships with enterprise partnership leads, agency trading desks, influential stakeholders (C-Suite, SVP, VP, Directors), and day-to-day decision makers (Strategy, Investment, Programmatic, Research)
- Serve as a key stakeholder to ideate, develop & drive strategies around enhancing existing products and ideating on net new opportunities (enhanced ads, premium integrations, commerce-enablemed content, shopping ads & marketplace) to fill category gaps & enhance our consumer value proposition
- Lead Tripadvisor’s commercial expansion efforts to help diversify & grow net new revenue streams through existing assets and new business development
Skills & Experience
- Identify, vet, and develop net-new business partnerships with key publishers, tech platforms, and/or companies that may have a natural synergies with travel to help round out our offering with key non-endemic categories
- Evaluate the financial and non-financial benefits, risks, and feasibility of new partnerships
- Foster revenue growth of our self-serve business, Tripadvisor Ad Express (TAE), and provide leadership to the team as it relates to short & long term strategy
- Identify synergies and opportunities to leverage the full TAMG network, partnering with key stakeholders to bring these strategies to market.
- This is an external and marketplace facing role with the opportunity to also represent Tripadvisor at C-Suite client meetings, key industry events & various press opportunities.
- 10+ years previous relevant global work experience; this could include professional services (ie consulting, business development) or media experience at a large network/publisher/agency (sales, strategy roles).
- Strong communication skills & high visibility within the marketplace (experience speaking on panels, press interviews, etc.)
- Proven experience driving influence across senior stakeholders, both internal and external
- Passion and knowledge of the travel landscape and the digital advertising industry
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Proficient attention to detail with a high level of organizational skills & communication skills
- Experience managing complex tasks in a digital environment with a strategic lens
- Flexible and open to change and new information, changing processes, client direction; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Proficient in vendor communication & negotiation - able to lead call with little to no assistance
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Ability to work with cross functional teams toward the common goal of driving revenue & efficiencies
- Positive attitude and treats colleagues with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Team player with the ability to manage up and across
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems and is comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Acts as an owner navigating internal materials with little to no supervision; Able to surface solutions in addition to questions
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- A desire to perform in a fast-paced highly changing marketplace and be driven to meet and exceed the team’s expectations/demands
If you need a reasonable accommodation or support during the application or the recruiting process due to a medical condition or disability, please reach out to your individual recruiter or send an email to AccessibleRecruiting@Tripadvisor.com
and let us know the nature of your request. Please include the job requisition number in your message.
The salary range for this role is $174,000 to $230,000. This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and this range is only applicable for jobs to be performed in New York City. An employee’s pay position within the wage range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, performance, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs. This compensation range may also be modified in the future.