Cultivate your career with Viceroy Hotels and Resorts and be a part of an incredible hotel!
Hotel Zena is a bold new cultural hub celebrating female empowerment through provocative art, design, and exciting and relevant programming. Centrally located to the downtown business district, Dupont and Thomas circles, and the Convention Center - Hotel Zena welcomes those who have passion for being part of a bold new story.
If you are inspired by challenges in a fast-paced environment, are thoughtful and entrepreneurial in your approach to opportunity, and if you possess a true passion for hospitality and genuine service, we are interested in speaking with you about our groundbreaking opportunity for Front Office Manager.General Responsibilities Include:
- Actively engage in the guest experience from arrival to departure.
- Responsible for oversight of guest feedback reporting and department responses.
- Monitor employee performance to ensure adherence to all service, productivity, safety and accounting standards.
- Promote facilities and services, resolve problems and maintain communications with all departments to ensure consistency in the service provided.
- Control all guestroom allocations and ensure that reservations are accurately recorded and monitored to achieve optimum occupancy and revenue.
- Assist with hiring, training, coaching and direct supervision of front office and night audit staff.
- Must be hands-on and willing to regularly work front desk shifts, maintain lobby presence, liaise with guests, etc.
- Assist department heads with scheduling, hiring, and discipline decisions.
- Full scheduling availability.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisor and/ or Managers.
- Previous experience in a similar position in a luxury hotel required
- Previous experience in a supervisory role required
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical, and organizational skills a must
- Proficient computer skills
- Must have a great attitude and be service oriented
- Solid attention to detail and organization
- Ability to build strong teams and be a team player
- Ability to communicate effectively, both oral and written, with internal team and outside partners
- Strong commitment to service and highly motivated
Qualification Standards: Education:
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
College degree preferred.Experience:
Minimum three years experience within hotel Front Office environment; 1-2 years of management experience.Grooming:
All colleagues must maintain a neat, and well groomed appearance (specific standards will be provided)
Viceroy Hotel Group is a leading hotel company that combines desirable location, unique design, destination dining and personalized service that touches the heart and soul of our guests. As an industry leader in creativity and innovation, our hotels draw upon the diverse backgrounds and talent of our extraordinary team for optimal success. If you are interested in working for a company with endless opportunities for advancement and growth, please apply online: www.viceroyhotelsandresorts.com/careers
Viceroy Hotel Group participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify Program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. EOE.