Sales & MarketingLocation
W Barcelona, Placa de la Rosa dels Vents 1, Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain VIEW ON MAP Schedule
PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The position requires the talent to be consistently, highly motivated with a great degree of flexibility. A strong personality is needed, as working towards pre-agreed goals is essential, especially given our busy and dynamic environment. Reporting to and working with the Director of Marketing (DOM), this role will require daily communication with other key department heads as well as business in the hotel's environment.
As a Marketing Executive, it is a part of your essential functions:
- To research, identify, and work on the production of specific pieces of collateral required, ranging from hotel brochures to promotional requirements across the property including back of the house, online & social media artworks, advertisements, etc and work closely with in house designer with the production of the required material.
- To identify and create marketing programs to support the hotel’s marketing plan.
- To assist with the generation of articles, advertisement content, proof checking and layout decisions.
- To ensure that all guest data is recorded and processed accordingly
- Work Closely with the DFM team to ensure on the local property site is up to date and to assist with updating all web pages with promotional information, rate offers and new information.
- Take on board projects that are aligned with the marketing plan of the hotel under the supervision of the DOM.
- Work with the team on creating content for the social media channels.
- Support any event happening from planning to execution of the event
- Responsible for creating POs and delivering invoices to Finance
- Merchandising/giveaways: assisting in managing the process to identify and order brand approved merchandising.
- Design the monthly e-newsletter of the hotel to be sent out to the hotel's data base.
- Attend the monthly DFM calls, understand the strategy and support all the initiatives in order to achieve the hotels drive to web goals.
- Support any activity that will take place at the hotel that is aligned with the hotel's marketing plan.
- Create offers and liaise with the revenue department to ensure rate codes and all necessary information are 100% accurate.
- Prepare necessary presentations to keep the hotel and stakeholders informed on what is new/ next in the marketing department initiatives.
- Keep track of all the coverage of the hotel and share it with all HOD'S.
- Be the brand ambassador of the hotel, which implies representing it in events taking place in the property, or in any location where her presence is required, maintain a good appearance at all times which includes wearing the appropriate wardrobe & keep a good image and be able to build up relationships with the media and influencers.
- Computer Knowledge
- Fluency in English / Spanish is a plus
Minimum two years of experience in a similar position
WORKING WITH OTHERS
- W Look: Appear confident, well groomed
- W Personality: Warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant
- Never say no attitude
- Communicate effectively
- Demonstrate team spirit and cooperation
- Act with professionalism and integrity
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader
- Take ownership
- Work independently
- Foster teamwork
- Manage time
- Learn develop and adapt to change
- Commitment to quality
- Follow policies and procedures
- Should always be timely and must sign in-out for the recording of the attendance and duty working hours
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Is familiar with the Hotel's policies and procedures
- Behavior is geared in a way as to represent the hotel in the best possible way at all times.
- Reports to work in good time before the commencement of duties.
- Dresses appropriately (As per hotel policy) and ensure proper appearance so as to represent the Hotel in the best possible way.
- Keeps confidential sales and marketing information related to the hotel and staff
Promote awareness of brand image internally and externally. Use sales techniques that maximize revenue while maintaining existing guest loyalty to Marriott. Recognize opportunities to up-sell the customer and sell enhancements to create a better Marriott experience or event. Encourage guests or callers to purchase or schedule preview package sales/tours. Explain details and requirements related to attending a sales presentation to potential owners. Verify that individuals meet eligibility requirements for preview package sales/tours prior to scheduling a tour for a Marriott vacation club property. Determine and give complimentary gift to guests as gifts for their patronage (e.g., rewards points, show tickets). Answer guest questions about property facilities/services. Receive, record, and relay messages accurately, completely, and legibly.
Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance; stand, sit, or walk for an extended period. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
W Hotels’ mission is to Ignite Curiosity, Expand Worlds. We are a place to experience life. We’re here to open doors and open minds. We are constantly inspired by new faces and new experiences. A tuned-in, up-for-anything spirit is at our core and has made us renowned for reinventing the norms of luxury around the globe. Whatever/Whenever is our culture and service philosophy that brings our guests’ passions to life. If you are original, innovative, and always looking towards the future of what’s possible, welcome to W Hotels. In joining W Hotels, you join a portfolio of brands with Marriott International. Be
where you can do your best work, begin
your purpose, belong
to an amazing global team, and become
the best version of you.