Dolce is now seeking a Catering Sales Manager @ the H Hotel to join our team at the Dolce The H Hotel location in Midland, Michigan.Job Summary
The Catering Sales Manager I is responsible for effectively selling the public space, food and beverage, and function planning services of the hotel to maximize revenues and profits for the hotel. The Catering Sales Manager establishes new accounts, generates revenues, monitors booking pace, and books repeat business while keeping quality consistently high.Education & Experience
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a to hotel or related field; or a Bachelor’s degree; or a 2-year degree and 1 or more year of related experience
- Must have knowledge of F&B preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations, liquor laws and regulations
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations..
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest or operational needs
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working
- Comply at all times with Wyndham standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times
- Respond to guest complaints in a timely manner
- Work with other F&B managers and keep them informed of F&B issues as they arise
- Keep immediate supervisor fully informed of all problems or matters requiring his/her attention
- Monitor quality of service in Banquets
- Know meeting room sets and capabilities
- Re-solicit past local accounts, generate new business
- Set solicitation goals with the Director of Catering/Sales & Marketing, and meet or exceed solicitation goals and revenue goals.
- Meet and greet-in-house guests upon arrival, review the course of events and introduce other staff members (banquet manager, captain, etc.)
- Develop menus and agendas, ensure BEO’s are issued, and complete all pertinent correspondence with outside vendors to finalize programs
- Maintain current information on and monitor booking trends to produce forecast figures and month-end reports
- Understand the Catering incentive program
- Manage booking pace
- Handle inquiry calls and outside sales calls. Follow through to completion of function(s).
- Maintain pricing integrity and propose upscale menus for all groups
- Interact with outside planners and vendors for special events
- Ensure compliance with all local liquor laws, and health and sanitation regulations
- Prepare and submit required in a timely manner
- Comply with weekly and monthly forecasting procedures
- Be involved in and/or conduct departmental and hotel training
- Assist in planning and executing holiday brunches and other special events
- Use feedback from Meeting Planner Evaluations to improve service quality
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,100 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through our network of more than 836,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the hospitality industry. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the world in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham employs more than 2,000 corporate team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company’s mission of making hotel travel possible for all. Supporting thousands of franchisees and a growing global portfolio of 24 hotel brands—think household names like Wyndham, La Quinta, Ramada, Days Inn and Super 8—Wyndham team members are a widespread group of individuals with diverse interests and backgrounds. Our unique Count on Me culture, commitment to flexibility and core values of Integrity, Accountability, Inclusivity, Caring and Fun are just part of what continues to make Wyndham an award-winning best place to work.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
Dolce The H Hotel, 111 W Main Street, Midland, Michigan 48640 Employment Status:
Full-time What we expect from you
You will play an important part in our mission to make travel possible for all by:
∙ Being responsive, respectful and delivering great experiences to our guests, partners and communities.
∙ Foster an inclusive environment where individuals feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and share their diverse perspectives.
∙ Bring your best every day and strive to exceed expectations in all you do.What you can expect from us
With Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you can expect a fulfilling career to include:
∙ Growth opportunities through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support.
∙ Competitive salary and benefits.
∙ Team member benefit programs that focus on nutrition, exercise, lifestyle management, physical and emotional wellness, financial health, and the quality of the environment in which all team members work and live.
∙ A Culture of Diversity & Inclusion - Our inclusive culture infuses different perspectives that reflect our diverse customers and communities around the world.About Wyndham
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Every day, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. With more hotels than anyone else, we offer the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world. So wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.Nearest Major Market:
Midland Michigan Nearest Secondary Market: