Wyndham is now seeking a Sales Manager to join our team at the Wyndham Resort Westward Look location in Tucson, Arizona.Job Summary
The Sales Manager Level II is responsible for effectively soliciting and becoming familiar with all accounts in his/her market segments. He/she is also responsible for prospecting and closing on assigned accounts/territory to positively impact hotel revenues.Education & Experience
- At least 2 years of progressive hotel sales experience in a specific market; or a 4year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience; or a 2year college degree and 2 or more years of related experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license in the applicable state.
- Must be skilled in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend daily Wyndham Business Review (WBR) meeting.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations of the hotel, including Food and Beverage, Guest Services and Reservations.
- Develop a complete knowledge of company sales policies and SOP’s, and ensure knowledge of and adherence to those policies by the sales team.
- Meet or exceed set goals.
- Operate the Sales Department within established sales expense budget.
- Participate in required M.O.D. and Saturday office coverage as scheduled.
- Initiate and follow up on leads.
- Maintain and participate in an active sales solicitation program.
- Monitor production of all top accounts and evaluate trends within your market.
- Regularly contact existing accounts based on the tracing frequencies of the Account Coverage Program.
- Meet or exceed sales solicitation call goals as assigned by the Director of Sales.
- Invite clients to the hotel for entertainment, lunches, tours and site inspections.
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments, i.e.WynClub parties, sales blitzes, etc.
- Assist in the preparation of required reports in a timely manner.
- Be familiar with all Wyndham sales policies and selling techniques with an emphasis on maximizing occupancy and Average Daily Rate (ADR).
- Conduct a professional, thorough site inspection of the hotel with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Use your property’s computerized sales management system to manage the hotel’s business, including (but not limited to) generating reports, entering business, blocking space and building accounts.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts.
- Abide by Prime Selling Time (PST).
- Develop networking opportunities through active participation in community and professional associations, activities and events.
- Review meeting planner evaluations with the Director of Sales to ensure that issues receive follow-up.
- Entertain clients.
- Handle inquiries as part of Inquiry Day Program.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the world’s largest hotel franchising company by the number of properties with approximately 9,000 hotels across over 95 countries on six continents. Through its network of more than 813,000 rooms appealing to the everyday traveler, Wyndham commands a leading presence in the economy and midscale segments of the lodging industry. The Company operates a portfolio of 22 hotel brands, including Super 8®, Days Inn®, Ramada®, Microtel®, La Quinta®, Baymont®, Wingate®, AmericInn®, Hawthorn Suites®, Trademark Collection® and Wyndham®. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more, Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs more than 4,000 team members worldwide who are dedicated to the Company’s mission of making hotel travel possible for all.
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.Job Location:
Wyndham Resort Westward Look, 245 East Ina Road, Tucson, Arizona 85745 Employment Status:
Full-timeWhat we expect from you:
You will play an important part in our mission to make hotel travel possible for all by:
Being responsive, respectful and delivering great experiences to our guests, partners and communities.
Foster an inclusive environment where individuals feel empowered to bring their authentic selves to work and share their diverse perspectives.
Bring your best every day and strive to exceed expectations in all you do.What you can expect from us:
With Wyndham Hotels & Resorts, you can expect a fulfilling career to include:
Growth opportunities through best-in-class training and career development, leadership training, mentorship opportunities and educational support.
Competitive salary and benefits, flexible work arrangements and exclusive team member discounts.
Team member benefit programs that focus on nutrition, exercise, lifestyle management, physical and emotional wellness, financial health, and the quality of the environment in which all team members work and live.
A Company culture of diversity, equity and inclusion. Our culture infuses different perspectives that reflect our diverse guests and communities around the world.About Wyndham Hotels & Resorts:
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts is the champion of the everyday traveler. Every day, we work to make hotel travel possible for all. With more hotels than anyone else across the globe, we offer the largest and widest collection of hotel experiences in the world. So wherever and however people travel, Wyndham will be there to welcome them.Nearest Major Market: