The Four Seasons Hotel Hangzhou at West Lake is looking for Catering sales Manager
who share a passion for excellence and who infuse enthusiasm into everything they do.
We hire motivated people who we train to perform superbly, while we create an environment where they can flourish. Ultimately, our culture breeds success, and rewards it in many different ways. We encourage and expect all of our employees to behave consistently in a manner which demonstrates:
- Commitment to supportive teamwork and open communication
- Responsibility for ongoing enhancement of their skills and performance
- Recognition of personal accountability for their own actions and the outcomes of those actions
- An understanding of the effect of their behavior on our guests, their fellow employees and the reputation of the Company
- Plan, organize, direct and control the work of employees in the Banquet while ensuring exceptional service and attention to guests
- Actively solicit new business and respond to inquiries with the intention of confirming profitable catering business and achieving Quarterly Sales Goals. Maintain an active trace/follow-up system on all inquiries and personal sales calls.
- Conduct property tours and entertain planners of meetings, social events, and weddings.
- Plan and/or attend and/or participate in meetings with hotel staff and clients, including but not exclusive to: Morning Operations Briefing, Morning CS Briefing, Resume Meeting, Banquet Event Order Meeting, Sales Meeting, Pre-Convention Meetings, Bi-Monthly Board of Operations, Menu Tastings, and Planning Visits.
- Coordinate the sales efforts between sales department and catering to insure proper utilization of function space to yield maximum revenues.
- Finalize the requirements of confirmed bookings while maximizing revenue potential through up selling and ensuring effective communication both written (Resumes, BEO, Daily Reports) and personal contact with all departments for the success of the event. Ensure accuracy of Banquet Checks and provide bill review on completion of program or event. Prepare a monthly booking report.
- Keep Director of Catering/Catering Conference Services promptly and fully informed of all problems or unusual matter so prompt corrective action can be taken where appropriate.
- Supervise the execution of banquet events. Review all function space with banquet manager and when required head house attendant. Ensure satisfaction of client at the outset of all events.
- Respond according to the crisis management plan to any resort emergency or safety situation.
- Comply with Four Seasons standards for sales and marketing, while working harmoniously and professionally with co-workers and planning committee.
- Comply with Four Seasons Category One and Two Work Rules and Standards of Conduct as set forth in EmPact.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS: Education:
- Assist Conference Services Department as required, particularly during large group movements
- Mentor and develop Administrative staff for future career growth
- Assist with all guest inquires within the Sales, Marketing and Conference Services Department, including assistance with high telephone volume and walk-in site inspections.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management
- Provide input on the marketing plan and budget.
- Be fully versed in the facilities and capabilities of the resorts competitive set. Maintain a visible presence in the community through involvement with Industry associations
- Assist in developing and executing projects for assigned market areas to increase catering activity, volume and profit.
- College education or equivalent experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Experience required by position is from five to ten years of employment in the related position with Four Seasons or other organization.
Join us and enjoy…
- Requires ability to operate computer equipment.
- Ability to read and speak and write English.
- Ability to compose business correspondence.
Learn more about what it is like to work at Four Seasons – Visit us:
- An opportunity to build a life-long career with global potential and a real sense of pride in work well done
- Best-in-industry training
- Complimentary stays at Four Seasons properties (based on availability) with discounted meals
- Incentive bonus/ competitive salaries
- Employee service awards
- Annual employee party/ social and sporting events
https://www.linkedin.com/company/four-seasons-hotels-and-resorts Please note that due to the large number of responses we receive, only candidates being considered for the above position will be contacted for an interview