Singapore Robertson Quay (SINIC), 1 Nanson Road, 238909Job number:
109913 About us
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand. Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience. If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Your day to day
Under the general direction of the Assistant Managers and the Front Office Manager, you will be responsible for the operational efficiency of all reception areas during shift and the service delivery of those areas to ensure guests receive a consistent luxury experience. You will be required to coordinate with all other departments within the hotel to ensure that a seamless guest experience is consistently delivered. Financial Returns
- To be fully conversant with the facilities, services and special promotions offered by the hotel and to pass this information on to the guest to maximize sales
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of standard reservation procedures
- Ensure all charges are correctly posted to guests’ bills following the standard procedures
- Deal with cash and credit transactions in accordance with the hotel and company policy and ensure that any discrepancies are reported immediately
- Maintain cashier float and ensure accurate daily report of all money received
- Be aware of the hotel availability and of every opportunity to maximize room revenue
- Ensure that all credit limits are adhered to and to advise the Front Office Manager when there acconts exceeding the credit limits.
- Be aware of the hotel availability and of every opportunity to maximize room revenue
- Gain understanding of the departmental goals and financial targets and support the management team in achieving these targets
- Works with superior in the operations of the reception desk
- Comply with Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines provided by InterContinental Brand Standard Guidelines
- Comply with company’s grooming and behaviour standards
- Communicates to his/her superior any difficulties, guest comments and other relevant information
- Actively participates in daily briefings, training sessions and other meetings as scheduled
- Ability to work as part of a diverse team with colleagues from different viewpoints, culture and countries
- Actively develop positive and effective communication between Front Desk team and all other operational departments
- To carry out on the job training for new comers under the direction of the Assistant Managers and Front Office Manager.
- To assist the Front Office Manager in the leading and developing of the reception team and actively coaching them on hospitality skills, department procedures and taking the necessary disciplinary action when needed.
- Ensure proper handover procedures are followed in the transferring of all relevant information daily
- Align self with company values, mission and desired behaviors
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrate service attributes in accordance with industry expectations and company standards including;
- Being attentive to guests’ needs and providing an anticipatory service
- Being aware of all guests written and spoken requests and promptly fulfilling all guests’ request in a courteous and helpful manner
- Maintain high level of knowledge about the InterContinental’s offerings to enhance guest experience
- To have a full working knowledge of the IHG Rewards and InterContinental Ambassador programs and its benefits taking every opportunity to enroll new members
- Build and maintain positive relationship with all guests and attempt to learn and use guests name at every opportunity
- Take action to guarantee that guests depart from the hotel with a positive impression of the hotel services
- Attend to guests’ complaints, inquiries and requests in the absence of the Assistant Manager if he/she is unable to assist
- Assist guests and escort them to locations within the hotel at their request
- Maintain knowledge of special programs and events in the hotel to recognize and respond to guest’s needs
- Maintain current Hotel information to be able to provide information to guests
- Ensure high recognition of IHG Rewards Club and Ambassador Members to achieve optimal scores in HeartBeat program and other Guest Satisfaction surveys
- Take personal interest and pride to ensure that the front office and desk area is kept clean and in an orderly state always
- Responsible and attend to guests request of using service of safety box at all times
- Register all arrivals per established procedures
- Ensure all messages received for guests are passed on accurately and as quickly as possible
- Ensure a sound knowledge of the local area and its history, places of interest and ongoing special events.
- Ensure all guests receive a fast, efficient and friendly service following the InterContinental Brand Standard Guidelines and the Standard Operating Procedures of the hotel
- Perform tasks as directed by the Front Office Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
- Comply with the Company’s Code of Conduct, Data Privacy and Information Security policies
- Perform correct handling and updating of IHG Rewards Club membership in Loyalty Connect and Opera
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene, Security and Fire Life Safety as well as emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents as near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention to the Assistant Managers and Front Office Manager
- Recycles whenever and wherever possible and enforce cost saving measures where appropriate specifically on stationary and hotel collateral material
Reporting to the Front Office Manager, your primary role is to provide exceptional service to the guests in making them feel welcome to the hotel. You will typically be supervising all Front Office Assistants and Front Office Executives under your care. What we need from you
Diploma or Degree or equivalent in Hotel Management/Business Administration, He/ She must be able to speak fluent English. Other languages preferred. What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package – including:
- 5-days work week
- Duty Meal
- Uniforms/ Laundry Services
- Midnight Transportation
- Birthday Off
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Flexi Benefit
- Insurance Coverage
- 50% F&B discount at Hotel’s selected Restaurant
- Special Employee rate at all IHG Hotels worldwide
What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. And because the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 6000 hotels in over 100 countries around the world.
So whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to the InterContinental Hotels & Resorts brand and IHG and we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
As the world’s first and most global luxury hotel brand, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts has pioneered international travel since the 1940s, we are passionate about sharing our renowned international know-how and cultural wisdom in truly impressive surroundings. We all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental®️ brand and to be part of the brand you will have a thirst for travel, passion for culture and appreciation for diversity. We create inspiring experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. If you’d like to embrace a world of opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand. Let’s Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today.