This 2-hour long project-based course is an introduction to spreadsheets. We’ll be using Google Sheets in this project, which is the free spreadsheet program offered by Google. With that said, most of the concepts that you will learn in this project will be applicable to other spreadsheet programs, such as Microsoft Excel.
What you will learn
The Basics - Basic data entry, formatting and calculations
Cell References - Relative and absolute cell references
9 Basic functions
Dealing with error messages
11 Advanced functions
Formatting, conditional formatting, sorting and filtering
Building our expense model
Basic charts to visualize our data
Who is the course for?
We will cover the following concepts in a hands-on manner:
- Basic data entry, formatting and calculations
- Relative and absolute cell references
- Basic functions: concatenate, split, sum, average, median, min, max, count, counta
- Advanced functions: vlookup, if, and, or, iferror, countif, countifs, averageif, averageifs, sumif, sumifs
- Dealing with error messages
- Conditional formatting
- Filtering and sorting
- Basic charts to visualize our data
We will end the project by applying these concepts and create a basic spreadsheet model that helps us analyze household expenses.
Note: If you don't have a Google account, you will need to create one to be able to complete the content.