Join Hosco and get the latest updates and opportunities from Association Européenne Des Ecoles d’Hôtellerie et de Tourisme (AEHT). It’s free!
As a Hosco member, you have access to dedicated hospitality content and to thousands of jobs and internships worldwide.
The AEHT is an International Non-Governmental Organisation (INGO).
The prime objective of the association is to promote a European outlook among Hotel and Tourism Schools
• by providing a means of communication between European Hotel and Tourism Schools
• by making more widely known the information about hospitality education in other countries
• by encouraging exchanges of students and teachers
• by creating closer links between schools and businesses
• by pooling teaching methods and materials, knowledge and skills
One of the distinctive features of the AEHT is that it includes in its activities all parties in the educational system, not only heads of schools, but also teachers and students. A large range of events is organised to meet the needs of all of these groups.
The AEHT is run by an Executive Board (‘Comité Directeur’ in French) made up of one representative from each of the member countries ; the membership elects a President and the Vice-Presidents. The General Secretary and the Treasurer are appointed to their posts. The President, Vice-Presidents, General Secretary and Treasurer make up the Presidium (‘Bureau’ in French). The Association’s Statutes and the House Rules define the roles of the members of the Presidium and of the Executive Board. The minutes of the meetings of the Executive Board are available to all the Association’s members.
The Association was created in 1988 in Strasbourg-Illkirch, France.
At the time of its foundation in 1988 the AEHT consisted of 24 schools from 16 European countries. Over the years it has grown considerably, and now has a membership of around 400, with an AEHT national representative in some 40 European countries.
Its Activities :
- Annual Conferences at which approx. 700 school directors, teachers and students meet
- Training Seminars for teaching staff
- Conferences and seminars on topics relevant for the sector
- Competitions between Students
- AEHT Youth parlement on topics relevant for the sector
- ‘Christmas in Europe’ Festival
- ‘Refresher’ Placements for Teachers in hotel units
- Constantly updated Internet Site (www.aeht.eu)
- Periodical publication of an electronic newsletter
Come and join us to be part of this most dynamic network which bears a lot of benefits for all stakeholders of the Hospitality and Tourism education and industry. Just fill in the form under http://www.aeht.eu/en/presentation-of-the-aeht/useful-documents and send it back to us.