Join Hosco and get the latest updates and opportunities from Tourismusschulen Bludenz. It’s free!
As a Hosco member, you have access to dedicated hospitality content and to thousands of jobs and internships worldwide.
Austria´s national education system differs from other countries in that it offers – already at the senior secondary level – a wide range of vocationally oriented schools. Their graduates are very flexible in their options: Not only do they receive a practical, useful education for the increasingly important tourist industry but also can they go on to university.
Who are we?
1) Typically, our students are between 15 and 20 years old.
2) The majority of them will work in the national and international tourism business (our graduates find employment as reception staff, chefs, waiters and waitresses, travel agents, marketing and sales managers, etc.).
3) A fair number of our graduates go on to university or to Nursing Academy or to work in other
4) Compulsory subjects include:
– regular practical training (in our training restaurants and kitchens) plus essential theory
– a full range of academic subjects (e.g. Foreign Languages, German, Geography, ...)
– a broad foundation in: Accountancy, Office Administration, Management, Marketing.
5) Graduates of our 5-year division qualify for university entrance and hold a diploma recognized throughout the European Union.
6) Boarding house accomodation available (on the premises).
7) Compulsory work placements (during the main holidays) enhance practical experience.